Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Hello!!

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

It's been a week since I landed in dear old Providence. It's near the end of summer now, so the weather is perfect, sunny, bright with a nice cool breeze. But I heard it won't be like this for long, because soon the blizzards will bring a harsh winter, as Rhode Island experiences every winter.

My room looked like RUBBISH when I first arrived, but after my roomie's generous additions and my own decorative touch it looks a lot better now. Of course I haven't bought posters yet so my side of the room looks really bare but oh I can't wait to post pictures here!

Random Photo I took on the plane


Oops I forgot to rotate the photo. Anyway this was taken on my journey to JFK (New York) from Frankfurt. There weren't many people on the flight, so I just took the liberty of stretching myself over 2 seats and propping my feet up against the window.

ROOM PHOTOS!!


I was horrified to be greeted by such a sight on my first evening in Brown! The room, though large and spacious, was exceedingly dirty, dusty and I think the class of 1880 probably used these rooms too. As you can see I quickly filled the space on my bookshelf with food and random books.

This is my roommate's bed, which is what my bed looked like before I covered it in sheets, which you will see later.


I forgot, once again to rotate it but as you can see the room looks a lot better now!! My roomie bought a Brown banner and hung it up in the middle of the room so the walls aren't so bare. People here seriously love the school, half the students are always in Brown shirts and ALL the parents and brothers/sisters/dogs whatever are always in Brown apparel! I couldn't even buy a Brown shirt because all the random non-Brown people snatched all the sizes before I could enter the bookstore.


So this is my table with my beautiful white mac and the printer I bought with the glass F5 bought me (I use it!!) with my handphone, keys and some French homework I printed out.


If you twist your neck a little you can see my bookshelf with real books - my textbooks and random reading books. And of course there is the Singapore flag because I am patriotic and I don't want to just stare at the star-spangled banner everyday.

And finally of course this is my side of the room with my lovely bed with blue sheets and a cheap but comfortable comforter!! My board thing with all your photos fell from the hook I put up on the wall so I had to re-stick the darn thing.

Convocation!!

We have this thing called Convocation (SMU students should know this) to mark the beginning of the semester. It's a Brown tradition for all new students to walk through the Van Wickle gates which open only twice a year, once inward to let the new students in and once outwards during Commencement (Graduation) for old students. This was my view from where I was standing!!


And finally, walking through the van wickle gates.

6 comments:

nataleeyun said...

Hi love! Your room looked like a jail cell unfurnished! But it looks nice and cozy now:)And the Singapore flag! You remembered that! So important and i left it out of my own pack list. Zzz.
How's the weather, people and food? Any ignorant Amrikans asking which village in China Singapore is?
Looking forward to MORE UPDATES SOON!:)

prettyinpink said...

heyy HONeybunchesssss, hope you are doing great over there! i had to twist my neck to see some photos so gave up on the 2nd one you forgot to rotate. hahaha. adapting well babe? glad to see that you are actually USING your camera. ohh your room is BIG.. but not as rustic as i imagined it to be. hahahaha i wanna see the library!! does it have cool furniture?? take good care my love. :)

buttercup said...

WHERE ARE U!! UPLOAD YR FACE!! -yr favourite shit

Anonymous said...

Yos sweetie pie. Your bed looks ULTRA-man comfy... Winter is approaching and I am very sure that the shrug we gave you will come in sooo handy! Enwrap yoursself in our warmth! I demand to see your face too!

Anonymous said...

hello hello hello! goodness, it looks so exciting over there. i'm still stuck in boring old singapore. ugh. hate to admit it, but your side of the room looks much cosier after you spruced it up.

come back soon and you'll get to have the mooncakes! i'll save them for you! hahaha.

Anonymous said...

hey honzzz! :):) your room looked really really sad at first. I say you did a GRRRREEAT JOB! :) having fun?