Thursday, September 20, 2007

4th Week in Brown

Wow, times passes really quickly and it's my fourth week in Brown!!

People have been pestering me to post something, so here're some updates about my life! I don't have any photos because I've been lazy but ok I will go around the campus one of these days to take photos for you guys!

Updates:

1. Cheerleading
For those who don't already know, I got into cheerleading!!! So SACO now officially has 2 cheerleading comm chairs HAHA you guys must be so proud!! We haven't started doing stunts yet and we will soon but I won't be a flyer - I'm going to be a base I think because I don't have strong arms. We're going to Harvard this weekend for our first away game and I'm really excited about it!!! The uniform's the typical cheering outfit, a TINY little skirt and a tiny vest so I'm SO glad none of you will be at the game to watch me cheer, and we get the whole outfit, like cheer jacket, cheer track pants, a bag that says BROWN CHEERLEADER, cheer shoes and cheer socks. Everything's ultra cool about cheering except the game of football is immensely boring and extremely violent!!! I don't know what the attraction is, to be honest.

2. Random Travels
I've made random plans to travel over several short holidays. I'll be going to Maine which is famous for its beautiful landscapes and for lobsters with the Brown University Merlions (BUMs) over Columbus Day which is somewhere in October. And I'll be travelling to Seattle in the West Coast for Thanksgiving because weiling was nice enough to invite me. I'll post pictures of course!! AND I'll be back to meet all of you guys when I come back on Christmas eve!!

3. Academics
I'm taking four courses this semester like every other freshman - Shakespeare's Present Tense (i.e. his plays and all the relevant films), Jane Austen and her Predecessors, 18th Century Art History and Basic French. All of them are very interesting but there's a CRAZY amount of reading so I'm basically stuck in my room and in the dining hall reading all day and night, other than cheerleading practice of course.

So that's all I've been doing!!! Please tell me more about your life!! And to all the people who commented last post THANKS and yes I will post more pics of myself love you all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The reason why americans go to NASCAR or football is that its a reason to get drunk :P

That's why they find it interesting

Anonymous said...

HEY my hip cheerleader/saco comm chair/queen, yay you finally updated! hee glad to see you are spending time so wisely sigh im still cca-less! but helping out at random engin events so still not too bad. (but actually quite bad, haha) sigh we all miss you terrible! maf without the three of you seemed so different and sparse and energy-less. wish you could be back soon! take care!! :)

jiadi

Glorijoy said...

yeah! missed you at MAF! welco was like...sparse. =(

nataleeyun said...

HONey! zomg i've always wanted to be a cheerleader too!! do you wear those skimpy outfits that expose your belly like the typical Bring it On outfit? I wanna see pictures!
Omigash you are like SO COOL?! I'm like SO honoured to be your fren...!
heehee. miss you hon darlink.
LOVE.

buttercup said...

HALFIE!!! 4th week alr but i still miss u like anything!!! anw it's rly fascinating to know tt u cut yr fingernails an toenails last week.did u noe? i dropped 27 hair on mon, 24 yest an approximately 28 today.haha OKAY anw i tink im gg to smuggle mi home's webcam to kr so let's skype soon! xD -shit

Anonymous said...

Hon! Know what? Fun fact of the day...... George Bush was a cheerleader too. HAH! Maybe you'll grow up to be president too.

Anonymous said...

george bush a cheerleader eh? I hope he handles pompoms better than he handles his bloody government.