Thursday, April 17, 2008

And so it begins...

Four more weeks, 3 more papers, 1 more test, 1 more oral...and then I'll be home!!! Back in Singapore, my beautiful home!! I don't like the sun (sorry Half), so here's a night scene hahah.



I actually thought it was HongKong the first time I saw this photo. But I suppose there is no difference haha - my Hong Konger friend asked me if I was "going back to Hong Kong this summer" and she only realized her mistaken when I stared at her in confusion. Honestly I've only been to HongKong for a grand total of 4 days in my entire 20 years, it can hardly be anything near home despite my various preferences.

Spring is here now, the sun is out most of the time and everyone is outside playing but really, my biggest goal in life is just to run back home and hide in my bed!! Don't know what's so nice about the sun -.-

I think learning languages is addictive. I knew like 2 words of French beginning last semester - Bonjour and Merci because they are both names of food - but now we are actually reading a book! Le Petit Prince, not anything difficult, but still.

And Pauline my TA showed us a video of a French singer whom I am quite taken to - Mylene Farmer.



She's one of the few French singers I've seen over the past year who dances along to her songs, which is pretty Hong Kong like. And she has star quality even though she's not very young anymore, so I suppose she is like the French Madonna or the French Old Sammi! I looked her up and guess what - the tickets to her concerts in September 2009 are entirely sold out what on earth!!! A bit extreme!!

Been thinking about exploring Japanese now, but I may not be able to do it if I accelerate. It's not an impulse thing, I've been wanting to learn how to speak Japanese since secondary school. But can I? Must remember to speak to my advisor.

To accelerate or not to accelerate - c'est la question.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

e choreography is COOL LA!! and omg how does she do all those intricate dance steps while singin so sexily an perfectly! she's very pretty btw! pity i don't like songs i dont understand, otherwise i'm an instant converted fan!
-shit

Michelle said...

IF YOU ACCELERATE YOU GRADUATE WITH US. whether that's a push or pull factor i leave it up to you to decide haha :)

Anonymous said...

im so envious! i have always thought french is a really beautiful language..but learning a language takes more than just thinking its all nice and elegant.. dont think its something i can pick up on my own =/

Anonymous said...

thats was from me! =)

- bren