Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Legally Blonde

If you're wondering I have "omigod"s and references to an Elle everywhere it's because I watched Legally Blonde the musical on Sunday. No la I am not made of cash I didn't go down to NYC to watch it - Broadway was on tour.

And seriously I thought it would just be loads of pink and fun - even though the Reese Witherspoon version is one of my favorite movies of all time - but it was really pretty good!! The pace was good, the performers EXCELLENT and the songs and script was pretty well thought out. It cost me $30.50 to be there (student discount, half priced) but I think I would have been willing to pay the full price, and everyone knows how much of a miser I am.

The only problem was I felt really bad for not being a non-blonde at the end (not in terms of hair color duh), but because the annoying people "who wear black even when there's no funeral" they portray - the Harvard people - are but stereotypes and more intense versions (duh, Harvard) of me!!!! How sad!! But sorry Elle I really don't like pink even though your dresses were really pretty.

So yes, if Elle Woods and Bruiser happen so swing your way, please do catch it!! It'll make your week just so much better :D

No comments: